EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
Healthy Christmas Recipes
Give your family a friends a healthy treat this festive season!
Apple and Strawberry Crumble
|3 cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
250g strawberries, hulled and halved
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp reduced fat margarine, melted
2 tbsp honey
100g rolled oats
½ tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 200”C. Lightly grease a 1 litre ovenproof dish with margarine.
- Put the apples, honey and 2 tbsp water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the apples have softened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in strawberries. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Put the oats in a food processor and process until the mixture is coarse. Combine the oats in a bowl with sugar, cinnamon and margarine. Mix together and spoon evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crumble is crisp and brown. Serve with low fat yoghurt or custard if desired.
For more delicious recipes please visit The Canny Cook & look for the Eat Smart logo next to weight friendly, heart smart or low GI recipes. Active people can now also find carbohydrate rich and protein rich recipes on The Canny Cook website.