EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
Beef and rice noodle stir-fry (serves 4)
|500g fresh rice noodles
1 tablespoon peanut oil
500-600g lean fillet steak sliced thinly
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon finely chopped lemongrass
1 Thai chilli, seeded , chopped finely
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
|1 large carrot, halved lengthways and sliced thinly
200g fresh baby corn, halved
200g Chinese broccoli, chopped coarsely
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons cornflour
¼ cup rice wine
¼ cup oyster sauce
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1. Rinse noodles under hot water, drain, and separate with a fork into a large bowl.
2. Heat ½ oil in a wok and stir fry beef, in batches, until browned. Set aside.
3. Heat the other ½ oil; stir fry garlic, ginger, lemongrass, chilli and mint for a few minutes. Add carrot and corn and cook until carrot just tender.
4. Return beef to wok with broccoli, sugar and cornflour (that has been mixed with the rice wine and sauces); stir fry until the broccoli is just cooked and sauce boils and thickens slightly.
5. Add noodles and heat through.
Strawberry ricotta cakes (Makes 8)
|500g reduced fat ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
|1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
250g punnet strawberries, hulled and diced
Plain or vanilla yoghurt to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. In a large mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese, sugar, eggs, lemon rind and half of the strawberries.
2. Lightly grease 8 x half cup non stick muffin tray. Divide the mixture evenly in the tray.
3. Bake for 40 minutes or until puffed and golden.
4. Serve warm or cool, with the remaining strawberries and yoghurt.