EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
Roasted Mushroom Soup (Serves 2)
|250g mixed mushrooms, cleaned, such as oyster, shiktake, portabella, swiss brown, button
3-4 fresh basil leaves
|¼ cup white wine
½ cup low fat milk
black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 175oCelsius.
2. Lay mushroom, stem up, on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
3. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and have started to lose their juices.
4. Transfer mushrooms and their juice to food processor. Add the basil, wine, milk and pepper to process to a puree with more milk if too thick.
5. Pour into a saucepan and heat to a simmer
6. Serve with thick cut sourdough or rye bread