EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
Quirky Quinoa – Pronounced “Keen-wa”, Quinoa is an ancient grain which is gluten free and higher in protein than many other grains. Use it in place of couscous, burghul or rice – or try the recipes below
Lebanese Flavoured Lamb with Quinoa Tabouli Serves 4
1 teaspn ground cumin
- To make tabouli – bring water to a boil and add quinoa and a pinch of salt. Simmer for 15 minutes, drain then cool to room temperature. Fluff grains with a fork and carefully fold through remaining tabouli ingredients.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Combine cumin, coriander, paprika and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Make small cuts in surface of lamb and insert garlic into cuts. Rub spice mix over surface of lamb.
- Roast as per packet instructions. Stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with tabouli and lemon wedges.
For more delicious recipes please visit The Canny Cook & look for the Eat Smart logo next to weight friendly, heart smart or low GI recipes. Active people can now also find carbohydrate rich and protein rich recipes on The Canny Cook website.