EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
Crisp whiting fillets, sweet potato & turnip cake and green beans (serves 4)
|600g whiting fillets
1 egg white, lightly whipped
1 cup rye flour
1/2 medium-sized onion, finely diced
250g Swede turnip, peeled and grated
200g white sweet potato, peeled and grated
1/2 tsp allspice
1 x 67g egg
2 tbsp wholemeal self-raising flour
spray canola oil
200g green beans, topped and tailed
4 lemon quarters
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC.
2. Trim the whiting fillets (if necessary) and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Make the cake by combining all ingredients well - line a baking dish (20cm square x 5cm deep) with baking paper.
4. Spray with a film of oil and spoon in the mixture. Pat it down with your hand, spray it with a film of oil and bake for 60 minutes.
5. Pat the fish dry, then dip in egg white and then into the flour - shake off excess flour and put onto a lightly oiled, baking paper-lined tray.
6. Spray with some oil and bake until browned and crisped (around 15 minutes).
7. Steam the beans until done to your liking - drain and keep warm for serving.
8. Let the cake rest for 10 minutes, then invert the baking dish and remove.
9. Cut it into 4 equal squares and then into triangles.
10. Put the fillets on top of the cake, with the beans and lemon on the side.
This recipe is from the Dietitians Association of Australia website.