EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
Couscous with oven baked veggies (serves 4-6)
|1 ½ cups couscous
450ml vegetable or chicken stock (liquid)
1 med sweet potato
3 red capsicum
3 small zucchini
1 small bunch spring onions
|2 fresh red chillies, de-seeded & finely chopped
small container of semi dried tomatoes
3 good handfuls of fresh herbs (basil, coriander, mint, flat leaf parsley)
juice of 1 lemon
red wine vinegar
1. 1. Peel and chop the sweet potato into chunks. De-seed and slice the capsicum into eight. Top and tail the zucchini and slice into rounds. . Add enough oil to coat vegetables and mix in a bowl.
2. In a baking dish lined with bake paper, place the sweet potato, capsicum and zucchini and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake at about 200C for 25 minutes or until all are tender.
3. Prepare couscous as directed on the container. For example, bring the stock to the boil, place the couscous in a bowl, pour over the stock and stand for 5 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
4. Chop the chilli and spring onions finely, then chop the capsicum to desired size and toss this and all the other cooked veggies through the couscous. Rip up the washed herbs and toss through. Add drained semi-dried tomatoes.
5. Mix 1 tablespoon of oil with the juice of 1 lemon and a splash of red wine vinegar with a whisk or in a jar. Pour over the couscous and mix well. Season with sea salt and pepper if desired.
6. Serve alone or as a side dish to meat, poultry or fish.