Recipes from Holly, Kerry, Lauren, Peta & Joe
Couscous with oven baked veggies (serves 4-6)
|3 single chicken breasts
Olive oil or spray
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
½ small pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
1 1/2 cups baby English spinach
|1 litre vegetable stock
2 cups (400g) arborio rice
200 grams semi-dried tomatoes
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper, place peeled and chopped pumpkin on paper. Season as desired and spray or drizzle with oil. Bake until just tender then remove and keep to the side.
2. Spray a large pan with oil. Cook chicken breasts until just cooked through. Remove and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Re-spray the pan with oil. Add the onion, cook for a minute and then add the un-cooked rice and stir well.
4. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Keep stirring until liquid is absorbed. Check that the rice is tender and add a little more water if required.
5. Chop the chicken into bite size chunks. Add to the risotto with the pumpkin, semi-dried tomatoes and some torn baby English spinach leaves plus parmesan, the chives and pepper.