EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
"What’s for dinner? Not meat & 3 veg again!"
Here’s a few fancy meat & 3 veg recipes to stop the whingeing
Chicken and Asparagus Involtini (Serves 4)
|600g chicken breast fillets
1/3 cup reduced fat ricotta
2 teaspn olive oil
2 zucchini, sliced
|8 spears fresh asparagus
1 cup shredded spinach
1 X 400g jar pasta sauce
½ bunch rocket
- Slice chicken lengthways into 8 slices. Press the slices to flatten them.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute or until tender, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine ricotta and spinach, season with salt and pepper and spread over the chicken slices. Top with asparagus and roll up. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in non-stick frypan and cook chicken over medium heat until browned and cooked through.
- Add the sauce to pan and heat through. Lift out the chicken and remove the toothpicks.
- Meanwhile steam the zucchini until just tender.
- Serve with chicken, sauce and rocket