EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
MORE SUMMER RECIPES
BBQ Kebabs (serves 4)
600g lean rump, fillet or thick BBQ steak
¼ cup red wine/sherry
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
2 teaspoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons honey
- Trim fat from meat and cut into large cubes.
- Combine marinade ingredients, add meat and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight or at least 20 minutes. Drain and reserve marinade.
- Boil potatoes until tender but still firm inside.
- On large metal or pre-soaked wooden skewers, thread meat and vegetables alternately.
- BBQ or cook under the grill until meat is done as desired. Brush with reserved marinade while cooking.
- Serve with garden salad
For more delicious recipes please visit The Canny Cook & look for the Eat Smart logo next to weight friendly, heart smart or low GI recipes. Active people can now also find carbohydrate rich and protein rich recipes on The Canny Cook website.