EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
Asparagus and roast sweet potato tart
|1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 sheets of filo pastry
Olive oil spray
2 bunches fresh asparagus
500g low-fat ricotta
|3 eggs, lightly whisked
1 cup baby spinach leaves
2 tablespoons shredded basil
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
1. Place sweet potato slices in a mixing bowl. Add oil and coat.
2. Place on a baking tray and roast in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 15 minutes or until tender.
3. Separate the filo pastry and spray lightly with olive oil spray. Lay a sheet of pastry to line a greased, 27 x 18 x 3cm baking tin and press into the corners gently. Top with the remaining 7 sheets of filo. Trim.
4. Trim the asparagus spears to 15cm lengths. Keep the off cuts and chop into pieces.
5. Combine the ricotta with the eggs.
6. Fold through asparagus rounds, spinach leaves, basil and nutmeg.
7. Spoon the ricotta mixture into the filo and smooth out evenly.
8. Lay the sweet potato neatly on top of the ricotta mixture. Top with asparagus spears.
9. Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 30 minutes or until golden brown.