We are all full members of Sports Dietitians Australia which is the ‘gold standard’ accreditation for sports nutrition professionals in this country.
Eat Smart sports dietitians goal:
– To enhance and support all athletes within the team environment
– Design nutrition services to help develop and educate all athletes whether elite or developmental players
What we focus on when working with teams:
– Group education and skill development on meal preparation (cooking workshops), supermarket tours, training nutrition, competition fueling, hydration assessments and seasonal nutritional changes (pre-during-post season nutrition requirements for athletes)
– Anthropometric assessments, including DEXA analysis, skinfolds and goal setting /targets as part of the multidisciplinary team working with the athletes
– Individual nutritional assessments, including ongoing nutritional support to enhance training adaptations and adequate fuelling around competitions
– Identifying and facilitating suitable dining options at home or on location and highlighting appropriate menu options for athletes.
– Coordinating appropriate nutritional products, including approved supplementation, to players
– A role in designing and implementing trials for new products on the market, including approved supplementation, in your sport.
– Contribute to injury protocols for players with the latest nutrition-related research and provide education to the multidisciplinary team
– Develop policies and procedures for supplementation usage within the team
Individual athletes have their own specific goals, related to both performance and health. As experienced sports dietitians, we can help you to achieve those goals faster and more effectively. We understand how time can be precious, and hours labouring in the kitchen or supermarket are not viable. We will spend time with you working through changes you could implement, and help you with the practical skills you require to make these changes quickly and easily.
We also appreciate that individuals have their own food preferences so we ensure that training and competition eating plans taste great as well as be nutritionally sound.
We have devised an annual nutrition education program which runs from years 8 through to 12. The aim of this program is to progressively provide young athletes with the knowledge and skills they will require to eat well for their sport. A one hour presentation is provided each term, including practical sessions on hydration, taste testing and cooking classes. All presentations incorporate skills such as decision making and reading and interpreting food labels. This program is easily adapted to your specific sport, age groups and the number of sessions required.
Eat Smarting for School Sport is a progressive nutrition education program devised to provide young athletes with the knowledge and skills they will require to eat well for their sport. A one hour presentation is provided each term, including practical sessions on hydration, taste testing and cooking classes. All presentations incorporate skills such as decision making and reading and interpreting food labels. This program is easily adapted to your specific sport, age groups and the number of sessions required.
The Eating Smart in School Sport program also offers one-off or camp based seminars, workshops or practical sessions such as hydration testing or cooking workshops and individual consultations.
Eat Smart Nutrition Consultants currently work with Kelvin Grove School of Excellence programs in Soccer, Sailing, Dance and Golf; Terrace Rugby & Rowing programs and Cavendish Road School of Excellence Netball.
Please contact Lauren James – 0411 741 059 or Email Lauren for more details on the Eating Smart in School Sport program.