Recipes from Holly, Kerry, Liz and Lauren 10/7/06
Jambalaya (serves 4-6)
400g skinless chicken thigh cutlets
750ml (3 cups) chicken stock
1. Spray a large saucepan or pan with oil.
2. Coat chicken with cayenne pepper, then cook chicken in 2-3 batches over high heat until browned and tender. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add onion, garlic and celery to the pan and cook until they start to soften.
4. Add capsicum and ham and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add rice and stir until combined.
6. Add un-drained tomatoes, stock, water and thyme and cook, covered, over low heat for 20-30 minutes or until the rice is tender.
7. Stir through the chicken, prawns and broccoli, and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the prawns are tender.
8. Serve immediately garnished with chopped parsley.
Baked pears (serves 4)
|200g mixed dried fruit, chopped
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ - 1 tablespoon brown sugar
|1 tablespoon water
2 large Bosc or Packham pears, cored and halved
¼ cup chopped macadamia nuts
1. Combine dried fruit, spices, sugar and water in a bowl
2. Put pear halves in a microwave dish, cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes.
3. Spray baking tray with oil and place pear halves with cored centre facing up. (slice a little off the bottom if necessary to make them sit flat)
4. Spoon fruit mixture into the centre of the pears and top with nuts.
5. Bake in a moderate oven 180oC for 20 minutes or until nuts are golden.
6. Serve with low fat yoghurt, custard or icecream.
Recipe dated 04/07/05
Recipe dated 18/07/05
Recipe dated 1/08/05
Recipe dated 15/08/05
Recipe dated 29/08/05
Recipe dated 12/09/05
Recipe dated 26/09/05
Recipe dated 10/10/05
Recipe dated 24/10/05
Recipe dated 07/11/05
Recipe dated 21/11/05
Recipe dated 05/12/05
Recipe dated 19/12/05
Recipe dated 09/01/06
Recipe dated 22/01/06
Recipe dated 06/02/06
Recipe dated 20/02/06
Recipe dated 06/03/06
Recipe dated 20/03/06
Recipe dated 03/04/06
Recipe dated 17/04/06
Recipe dated 01/05/06
Recipe dated 15/05/06
Recipe dated 29/05/06
Recipe dated 12/06/06
Recipe dated 26/06/06