EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
RECIPES FROM HOLLY, KERRY, LAUREN, PETA, JOE AND PEITA
"Add a little spice to your life!"
Mint and Pumpkin Couscous with Sesame Lamb (Serves 2)
125g peeled pumpkin, diced
½ small eggplant
- Combine pumpkin, eggplant and capsicum in a bowl and lightly spray with oil. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and cumin and toss to coat. Spread vegetables on a baking paper lined tray and roast at 200°C for 20 minutes or until golden
- Bring milk to a gentle simmer, remove from heat and stir in couscous. Cover and stand for 5 minutes.
- Dust lamb with sesame seeds and lightly spray with oil. Cook lamb in a non-stick frypan for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Stand 5 minutes before slicing thickly
- se a fork to separate couscous grains. Toss mint and cooked vegetables through couscous.
- To serve, divide couscous between serving plates and top with cooked lamb.
For more delicious recipes please visit The Canny Cook & look for the Eat Smart logo next to weight friendly, heart smart or low GI recipes. Active people can now also find carbohydrate rich and protein rich recipes on The Canny Cook website.