Are your employees healthy, happy and performing optimally in your company or business?
Innovations, ideas and an efficient workplace can be achieved through enhancing the health and fitness of those who work with you. It is well recognised in school-aged children that those who skip breakfast don’t learn as well and are more easily distracted during the morning. Who is to say that adults are any different? Many workers suffer from the afternoon energy crash that leads to the chocolate and / or caffeine run to boost energy levels. In addition, unbalanced diets can result in increased sick days and lower work performance.
Businesses, from small through to large, are becoming more interested in maintaining their employees’ health and wellbeing. We can provide a range of services for corporate clients, including:
- A speaker for one off workshops ( ½ – 1 day) on healthy eating with topics to include:
- Energizing your mind and body
- The latest on staying in shape
- The good and bad news on fats and heart disease
- Are carbs the enemy?
- What to drink and when (caffeine, alcohol, sports drink, water)
- How to cope with a busy lifestyle
- Eating out, entertaining and travel
- Eating for exercise
- Foods of the future
- A series of lectures / presentations on topics of your choice
- Practical workshops, including shopping, label reading and cooking (quick and easy, healthy gourmet)
- Work with caterers on providing healthy options at canteens, on site kitchens, or for meetings.
- Individual workplace consultations
- Corporate health programs
We also combine regularly with experienced exercise physiologists and personal trainers if you are interested in a combined health and fitness assessment and program.
Cafés and Restaurants
Looking to update your menus?
Why not add some useful tips to guide your customers on food choices for their health and wellbeing? With the increased incidence of diabetes, obesity and heart disease in our society, we all have a responsibility to promote good health. Customers are more discerning these days and are often looking to choose wisely according to their health concerns. We can advise you on suitable alterations to menu items to fall in line with current health recommendations, “code” your menu to help customers make suitable choices, or analyse your recipes so that you can provide detailed nutritional analyses to your clientele.
“Smart Choices- Healthy Food and Drink Supply Strategy for Queensland Schools” were the new guidelines for school canteens which were introduced in 2006 by the Queensland Government and became mandatory by mid 2007.
Schools in Queensland are required to comply with these guidelines.
We can help advise your school canteen on suitable alterations which can be made to your menus in order to comply with these new guidelines.
Diets and Menus for Nursing Homes
Nursing Homes and Hostels
With accreditation required every 3 years, and the continual threat of spot audits, it is important that Hostels and Nursing Homes have a menu that has been assessed for nutritional adequacy in line with Standard 4.8.
Lauren James is a specialist in this field having assisted with over 16 accreditations and numerous spot audits. Eat Smart Nutrition Consultants can offer you a comprehensive package which includes:
- An initial site visit to understand the intricacies of your operation as well as gather data
- Computer-based nutritional analysis of the current menu and diet including compliance to the latest NRV’s
- Recommendations on appropriate menu changes to comply with nutritional standards
- A comprehensive report for the facility and for accreditation purposes
- Appropriate recipes or meal suggestions
- An assessment of portion size and recommendations on portion control (if required)
- Presentation to relevant staff of all recommendations and findings
- Optional: Staff training
- Optional: Presence at Accreditation meetings
We can also offer services to assist with compliance to Standard 2.10 assessing nutrition and hydration. We can see individual clients privately or through DVA and can assess your nutritional supplementation program for nutritional adequacy as well as cost effectiveness.
A package relevant to your facility can be calculated and a fixed quote given on request.