EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
RECIPES FROM HOLLY, KERRY, LAUREN, PETA, JOE AND PEITA
"What’s for dinner? Not meat & 3 veg again!"
Here’s a few fancy meat & 3 veg recipes to stop the whingeing
Veal Schnitzel with Zucchini, Tomato and Capsicum (Serves 4)
|750g potatoes; cut into 2cm cubes
4 slices wholemeal bead, roughly torn
20g grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup plain flour
2 zucchini, sliced
1 yellow capsicum, sliced
| olive oil cooking spray
½ cup parsley leaves
½ cup buttermilk
4 Heart Smart Veal Schnitzel
400g can whole cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Spread potato onto tray and spray with oil. Bake on top shelf of oven for 30 minutes or until crisp and golden..
- Meanwhile process bread and parsley in food processor until fine breadcrumbs form. Transfer to a shallow dish, add parmesan and stir well to combine. Pour buttermilk into another shallow dish and place flour on a plate. Lightly coat schnitzels in flour; dip into buttermilk and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray schnitzels with olive oil and cook, two at a time, for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a large plate and keep warm in oven. Wipe pan clean and return to heat.
- Add zucchini to pan and cook for about 3 minutes each side or until browned.
- Add cherry tomatoes & capsicum, stir to combine and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve schnitzels with zucchini mixture and salad, if desired.
For more delicious recipes please visit The Canny Cook & look for the Eat Smart logo next to weight friendly, heart smart or low GI recipes. Active people can now also find carbohydrate rich and protein rich recipes on The Canny Cook website.