EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
IRON RICH RECIPES
FROM HOLLY, KERRY, LAUREN, PETA, PEITA & JOE
April 26 – May 9 2010
Many females (and some men!) suffer from low iron – here are some tasty ways to include more iron in the diet without having red meat
Marinated tofu and cashew stir-fry (Serves 4)
1 cup raw cashews
- Heat the wok on high heat, add raw cashews and toss until golden. Remove.
- Heat 1 tblsp oil and toss marinated tofu strips until crisp. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil, add onion and cook for 1 minute. Add capsicum and carrot, cook for 1 minute.
- Add asian greens and mushrooms and cook until just tender. Return tofu and cashews.
- Combine water and oyster sauce. Pour sauce in wok and stir through.
For more delicious recipes please visit The Canny Cook & look for the Eat Smart logo next to weight friendly, heart smart or low GI recipes. Active people can now also find carbohydrate rich and protein rich recipes on The Canny Cook website.