Hi! I’m Issy, the gut health dietitian for adults and children here at Eat Smart.
Food has always been a huge part of my life, mostly because I come from an Italian family where food is the centre of all occasions! I love food so much I made a career out of it.
In 2016, I completed a Bachelor of Nutrition Science at QUT. My studies continued at Griffith University where I completed a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics mid 2019. I am currently a Masters of Nutrition and Dietetics student at QUT, and will be for the next few years. I will be going part time from 2022 to allow me to complete these studies.
Specialist training has been completed in the following areas:
1. Gastrointestinal health conditions in adult and paediatric settings
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome through fibre correction, addressing stresses and incorporating the low FODMAP eating plan where required
- Living with Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Living with Coeliac Disease
- Correcting general constipation and diarrhoea
- Living with diverticular disease
- Reducing reflux symptoms
- Living with a bowel resection
- Improving gastrointestinal symptoms associated with rheumatological conditions such as joint hyper mobility syndrome
2. General paediatric training
- weight management
- infant feeding guidelines
- correcting nutritional deficiencies
3. Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Food Therapy
- addressing fussy eating and restrictive feeding behaviours through practical therapy
4. Acne Nutrition
- Currently completely Masters with the goal to generate a nutrition protocol expressing the role nutrition has with acne management
I am a strong believer of building a healthy relationship with food and improving everyone’s quality of life through nutrition and exercise. Please know I will work with you to create and achieve sustainable nutrition related goals.
Isabella can be seen at the following locations: