Recipes from Holly, Kerry and Liz 24/10/05
Cumin Spiced Lamb Cutlets with Radish and Orange Salad (serves 4)
5 garlic cloves, crushed
|Radish and orange salad
8 red radishes, thinly sliced
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
1 cup coriander leaves
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp caster sugar
1. Combine the garlic, cumin, oil and lemon juice in a shallow bowl. Add the lamb and turn to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hrs.
2. Bring the lamb to room temperature and preheat oven to 200oC.
3. Heat a frypan over high heat. Season the lamb and sear for 30 seconds on each side in batches. Transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven for 8 minutes.
4. Remove the lamb from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes.
1. Cut off the top and tail of the oranges, and then cut away the skin and pith. Hold orange over a bowl and cut into segments allowing juice and segments to fall into bowl. Repeat with remaining orange.
2. Add the radish, red onion, parsley and coriander to the bowl. Whisk the white wine vinegar, olive oil and caster sugar in a bowl and season to taste.
3. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Serve with the lamb cutlets.
Berry and Banana Smoothie (serves 2)
|½ cup frozen berries
1 banana, chopped
375ml light evaporated milk
2 scoops low fat frozen yoghurt or ice cream
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.