Christmas recipes from Holly, Kerry and Liz 19/12/05
Roast Turkey Marsala (serves 12)
1 fresh turkey
| 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 sprigs fresh thyme
12 sage leaves
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup Marsala or white wine
1 cup chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 2300C.
2. Remove giblets from the turkey and reserve for the gravy. Wash the turkey inside and out with plenty of cold running water; pat dry with paper towels.
3. Rub the turkey cavities thoroughly with salt.
4. Place the pears, apples, onions, parsley, rosemary, thyme and sage leaves into the cavities. Truss the bird with metal poultry skewers, fold the wings under, and fasten the legs close to the body by tying the ends of the drumsticks together. Rub the turkey with the oil, and place on a rack in an uncovered roasting pan. Place the turkey in the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 1700C. Roast for 15-20 mins per 500g. Using a pastry brush, baste the turkey with wine and chicken stock every 20 mins after the first hour of roasting.
5. Remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for 20 mins. Remove and discard the fruit, onions, and herbs.
Low Fat Iced Christmas Pudding (serves 10)
|2 tbsp candied pineapple, finely chopped
16 glace cherries, finely chopped
2 tbsp glace ginger, finely chopped
4 tbsp raisins chopped
|4 tbsp brandy
1 small tin whole chestnuts finely chopped
12 meringues crushed
1 litre reduced fat ice cream, softened
1. Place pineapple, cherries, ginger, raisins and brandy in microwave safe bowl, cover and heat on high for 2 minutes.
2. Remove from microwave, mix together, and stand for a further 10 minutes so the brandy soaks into the fruit.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine chestnuts, meringues, and ice cream, then add the fruit mix.
4. Pack into a 6 cup pudding basin or mould, cover and freeze until solid, preferably overnight.
5. To remove, place mould briefly in hot water before upending it on a serving plate.
Recipe dated 04/07/05
Recipe dated 18/07/05
Recipe dated 1/08/05
Recipe dated 15/08/05
Recipe dated 29/08/05
Recipe dated 12/09/05
Recipe dated 26/09/05
Recipe dated 10/10/05
Recipe dated 24/10/05
Recipe dated 07/11/05
Recipe dated 21/11/05
Recipe dated 05/12/05