Barbecue ideas from Holly, Kerry and Liz 6/2/06
Yakitori chicken (serves 4-6)
1kg chicken breast fillets
| 2 cloves garlic crushed
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
12 bamboo skewers, soaked 1 hour
1. Cut chicken into 2 cm cubes. Combine chicken with remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drain chicken over a small bowl and keep the marinade.
2. Thread onto skewers and cook on barbecue, turning and brushing with extra marinade during cooking.
Herbed swordfish skewers (serves 8)
|2 kg swordfish steaks
4 medium lemons
1/3 cup chopped coriander
½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
|½ cup chopped chives
2 tablespoons peanut oil
16 bamboo skewers, soaked 1 hour
1. Remove and discard skin from fish. Cut into 3 cm pieces.
2. Using a zester, remove as much rind as possible from the lemons. Squeeze out the juice.
3. Combine the fish in a bowl with lemon rind, juice, herbs, oil and pepper and toss to coat.
4. Thread fish onto 16 skewers and place in a large shallow dish. Pour over rest of marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
5. Cook on a heated barbecue plate until browned all over and cooked through.
Barbecued vegetables (serves up to 10)
1 large sweet potato, thickly sliced
| 3 medium yellow capsicum, ¼'d and seeded
6 medium zucchini, sliced thickly
400g swiss brown mushrooms
1. Steam or microwave the sweet potato until almost tender. Cut each onion into wedges, leaving root end intact.
2. Cook sweet potato and onion on heated barbecue plate, brushing with oil, turn when browned and repeat with other side.
3. Cook other vegetables on the plate, brushing with oil, until browned and tender.
Recipe dated 04/07/05
Recipe dated 18/07/05
Recipe dated 1/08/05
Recipe dated 15/08/05
Recipe dated 29/08/05
Recipe dated 12/09/05
Recipe dated 26/09/05
Recipe dated 10/10/05
Recipe dated 24/10/05
Recipe dated 07/11/05
Recipe dated 21/11/05
Recipe dated 05/12/05
Recipe dated 19/12/05
Recipe dated 09/01/06
Recipe dated 22/01/06