Recipes from Holly, Kerry, Liz and Lauren 4/9/06
Lemon and Rosemary Marinated Veal Skewers (Serves 4)
400-600g veal steaks, in 2 cm strips
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Soak 8-12 bamboo skewers in water. To make the lemon and rosemary marinade, place the lemon rind and juice , rosemary , olive oil, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper (to taste) in a medium bowl. Add veal and toss well. Cover and place in fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
2. Preheat grill, barbeque or frying pan to high. Thread about 3-4 pieces of veal onto each bamboo skewer and cook on preheated grill for 2-3 minutes each side or until just cooked. Serve with salad.
Low Fat Caesar Salad (Serves 4)
|12 x 2mm thick slices ciabatta bread, halved
1 Cos lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried and halved
20g (1/2 cup) shredded fresh parmesan
8 anchovy fillets
4 ½ tablespoons low fat cottage cheese
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed
80g (1/2 cup) skim milk natural yoghurt
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 160oC. Place the bread pieces in a single layer on 2 baking trays. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Swap the trays in the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes or until bread is light golden and crisp. Cool and break in half.
2. To make the dressing, place the anchovy fillets between paper towel and press to remove oil. Roughly chop the anchovies. Reserve half the anchovies for the salad.
3. Place the remaining anchovies with the egg, cottage cheese, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and sugar into a blender or the bowl of a food processor. Blend for 1 minute.
4. Place the yoghurt into a medium bowl and gradually stir in the egg mixture. Season and mix well.
5. Combine the bread pieces, lettuce, Parmesan cheese and remaining anchovies in a serving bowl. Add dressing and toss well. Serve immediately.
Recipe dated 29/08/05
Recipe dated 12/09/05
Recipe dated 26/09/05
Recipe dated 10/10/05
Recipe dated 24/10/05
Recipe dated 07/11/05
Recipe dated 21/11/05
Recipe dated 05/12/05
Recipe dated 19/12/05
Recipe dated 09/01/06
Recipe dated 22/01/06
Recipe dated 06/02/06
Recipe dated 20/02/06
Recipe dated 06/03/06
Recipe dated 20/03/06
Recipe dated 03/04/06
Recipe dated 17/04/06
Recipe dated 01/05/06
Recipe dated 15/05/06
Recipe dated 29/05/06
Recipe dated 12/06/06
Recipe dated 26/06/06
Recipe dated 10/07/06
Recipe dated 24/07/06
Recipe dated 07/08/06
Recipe dated 21/08/06