Easter Recipes from Holly, Kerry, Lauren and Liz 3/4/06
Fish in Tomato and Basil Sauce with Pilaf (serves 4)
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 1/3 cups rice, raw
1. Heat half the oil in a large saucepan and cook onion.
2. Add rice and stock, and stir until boiling.
3. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add capsicum, zucchini and broccoli, and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. In the meantime, heat remaining oil in a frypan and brown the fish on both sides.
6. Add the pasta sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until fish is cooked.
7. Spoon the pilaf onto plates, and serve the fish over the top. Great with a side salad.
Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Ricotta - makes 8 slices.
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
150g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
½ cup self raising flour
¼ cup cocoa
2 tablespoons cornflour
|1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon boiling water
150g low fat ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons caster sugar, extra
1. Preheat oven to 180'C. Grease a deep 20cm round cake pan, line base with baking paper.
2. Beat eggs and vanilla in a small bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Add sugar a spoonful at a time, beating until dissolved between additions.
3. Transfer to a large bowl, fold in sifted flour, cocoa and cornflour.
4. Combine honey and the water, fold into mixture. Pour into prepared pan, bake for 35 minutes or until firm in centre. Turn onto wire rack to cool.
5. Serve with combine ricotta, raspberries and extra sugar.
A perfect, light alternative to the easter eggs at Easter.
Recipe dated 04/07/05
Recipe dated 18/07/05
Recipe dated 1/08/05
Recipe dated 15/08/05
Recipe dated 29/08/05
Recipe dated 12/09/05
Recipe dated 26/09/05
Recipe dated 10/10/05
Recipe dated 24/10/05
Recipe dated 07/11/05
Recipe dated 21/11/05
Recipe dated 05/12/05
Recipe dated 19/12/05
Recipe dated 09/01/06
Recipe dated 22/01/06
Recipe dated 06/02/06
Recipe dated 20/02/06
Recipe dated 06/03/06
Recipe dated 20/03/06