EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
SUMMER SALAD RECIPES
FROM HOLLY, KERRY, LAUREN, PETA, JOE AND PEITA.
"Summer salads are a great this time of year with so many fruits in season. Try adding fruit to your salad to make the most of the season! Bon Apetit!"
Pork with peach and minted couscous (Serves 4)
|1 cup frozen peas
125mL vegetable stock
½ cup couscous
2 roma tomatoes, diced
½ cup low fat plain greek yoghurt
|½ cup mint leaves, finely shredded
olive oil spray
500g pork medallions, trimmed
4 peaches, stones removed, cut into wedges
- Cook peas for 1 minute in the microwave with a small amount of water to retain moisture. Drain water and set aside.
- Heat stock over high heat until boiling. Remove from heat and add couscous. Stir and let stand, covered for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season tomatoes with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine yoghurt and 1 tblsp mint in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook pork for 5 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Add peaches, cut side down to pan and cook for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Stir the couscous with a fork to separate grains. Add peas, tomatoes and remaining mint, stir to combine.
- Spoon couscous onto plates. Top with pork, peaches and minted yoghurt. Season with pepper and serve.
For more delicious recipes please visit The Canny Cook & look for the Eat Smart logo next to weight friendly, heart smart or low GI recipes. Active people can now also find carbohydrate rich and protein rich recipes on The Canny Cook website.