EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
MORE SUMMER RECIPES FROM HOLLY, KERRY, LAUREN, PETA, PEITA & JOE
March 1-14 2010
Pan bagna – serves 4-6
1 long rounded or flattish dense crusty loaf of bread (preferably wholemeal/Sourdough)
- Cut the loaf in half lengthwise and brush/sprinkle the surface with olive oil.
- Rub the cut loaf generously with the cut garlic, then discard the garlic.
- Arrange the ingredients on the base of the loaf and replace the top.
- Wrap firmly in plastic wrap and place under a heavy weight in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Unwrap and cut into thick slices and serve as a casual lunch or at a picnic.
For more delicious recipes please visit The Canny Cook & look for the Eat Smart logo next to weight friendly, heart smart or low GI recipes. Active people can now also find carbohydrate rich and protein rich recipes on The Canny Cook website.