EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
‘IT’S WARMING UP’ RECIPES FROM HOLLY, KERRY, LAUREN, PETA, JOE & PEITA 24/08/09
Orange-glazed pork cutlets with spinach and pecan salad (serves 4)
½ cup orange juice
150g baby spinach leaves
2 tablespoons orange juice
- Combine juice, sugar and garlic in small saucepan, bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer without stirring about 10 minutes or until reduced to about 1/3 cup.
- Brush cutlets both sides with glaze; cook in pan or on grill about 10 minutes, brushing frequently with glaze.
- Make the salad. Place spinach, nuts and snow peas in large bowl.
- Segment peeled oranges over the salad to catch juice; add segments to salad.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well. Pour over salad and toss gently.
- Serve with the pork cutlets.
For more delicious recipes please visit The Canny Cook & look for the Eat Smart logo next to weight friendly, heart smart or low GI recipes. Active people can now also find carbohydrate rich and protein rich recipes on The Canny Cook website.