EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
RECIPES FROM HOLLY, KERRY, LAUREN, PETA, JOE & PEITA NOVEMBER 2009
Impress your guests at the next BBQ with this:
MEDITERRANEAN CHARGRILLED LAMB SALAD (serves 2-3)
Tip: You can also cook on the BBQ!
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, for 3-5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a small plate and set aside.
- To make dressing, place the oil, basil, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until well combined. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Brush a char-grill with a little of the oil and preheat on high. Season the lamb fillets with salt and pepper, and brush lightly with the remaining oil. Place the lamb on preheated char-grill and cook for 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, loosely cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- Place ½ the zucchini and ½ the capsicum on preheated char-grill and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until the vegetables are slightly charred. Transfer to a large bowl and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat wit remaining vegetables.
- Thinly slice lamb fillets across the grain and add to the char-grilled vegetables. Add the pine nuts, rocket, parmesan and dressing, and toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately with the crusty bread.
For more delicious recipes please visit The Canny Cook & look for the Eat Smart logo next to weight friendly, heart smart or low GI recipes. Active people can now also find carbohydrate rich and protein rich recipes on The Canny Cook website.