EAT SMART NUTRITION CONSULTANTS
RECIPES FROM HOLLY, KERRY, LAUREN, PETA, JOE & PEITA NOVEMBER 2009
Impress your guests at the next BBQ with this great meal ideas:
Lemon grass chicken skewers (serves 3-4)
6 chicken thigh fillets
- Trim chicken of excess fat and cut in half lengthways.
- Combine the brown sugar, lime juice, curry paste and 3 of the lime leaves, shredded, in a bowl.
- Add the chicken, mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours.
- Trim the lemon grass to about 20cm, leaving the root end intact. Cut each lengthways into 4.
- Cut a slit in the remaining lime leaves and thread onto each skewer.
- Cut 2 slits in the chicken and thread onto the lemon grass, followed by another lime leaf. Repeat with the remaining lime leaves, chicken and lemon grass.
- Grill or barbecue until cooked through.
- Put all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and stir gently to combine. Serve with skewers plus salads.
For more delicious recipes please visit The Canny Cook & look for the Eat Smart logo next to weight friendly, heart smart or low GI recipes. Active people can now also find carbohydrate rich and protein rich recipes on The Canny Cook website.